Monday, August 11

Pink Lemonade



While I've been unemployed, I've been trying to work on some projects - both creative and home maintenance - that have been niggling at me for some time.

The stack of fabric has very nearly been turned into a quilt top for the MIL in GA. Her favorite color is pink, but that is just too much for me. So I paired it up with green - ooh preppy - and then some yellow to make it all pop. For whatever reason, this makes me think of pink lemonade - so that's what I'm going to call it. My original intention was to make a Chinese coins quilt - simple strips of fabric put together in stacks. But, then I picked up a stack and cut quilt book, and I couldn't resist the off-kilter cutting.

I think I ended up using about 25 different fabrics in the top. I tried very hard to use fabrics with a floral or polka-dot theme, and mostly succeeded - I think there's one yellow with a grid pattern on it. In a way, the top looks like a cutting garden of pink, yellow and green flowers. All that remains to get this quilt top on the way to someone for quilting is a double border, and for me to sew the backing together. I think I will try to get that done today so I can have a nice photo shoot tomorrow.

No comments: