Monday, February 7

David Bruce, 2000 Carneros, Pinot Noir, Truchard Vineyard

David Bruce
2000 Carneros
Pinot Noir
Truchard Vineyard

I recently cleaned out under the stairs, our otherwise known as wine cellar.  Wine Club boxes were racked, a few (or more) from the last trip into Napa/Sonoma were slid into place, and all of a sudden, I have no room left.  A quick count revealed that if I open a bottle a week, I've got enough to drink for three years, assuming it's not all turned to vinegar.  And that's not counting the champagne, odd lots, and other adult beverages in my bar.  In order to give some purpose to my "buying problem", I need to make some headway into this backlog of vino.  I'm planning on doing an inventory list this week, so I can find the ones that need to get drunk sooner than later.  And, know where those special anniversary bottles are located.

Tonight I opened up the David Bruce wine linked above.  The wine is spicy and warm, but a bit light on the body.  The tannins have all but disappeared.  Although clearly past it's prime, it will go well with our dinner tonight, and even tomorrow too.

1 comment:

chacha1 said...

Thank you for reminding me that it's time to open that Print Shiraz that Mr. P got in Australia!