Thursday, April 14

Cupcake Test 8, Pina Colada

aka, "if you half have a brain...."  That song has been on an endless loop since I first made these cupcakes.  I need to move on so it will get out of my head!

Without further ado...
Process Notes:  These were simple to make with the addition of crushed pineapple and rum extract to the cake mix.  The frosting was canned, with additional rum & coconut extracts for that island flavor.  I evidently got happy with my scooper again, since I only got 22 cupcakes.  And each can of frosting only covered a dozen.  The crushed pineapple was a bit difficult to clean off of the beaters in my dishwasher.

Tasting Notes:  Me - If I didn't know that the pineapple was in the cake, I wouldn't have noticed it at all.  I thought that the rum extract in the frosting was a bit heavy handed, overpowering the coconut. 

Mark didn't get a taste of these at all.  However, he delivered them to work and they were gone in a flash.  I asked him for specific feedback re: the pineapple and again, not noticed at all.  One gentleman said he got some fruit, but he didn't realize what it was. 

This was probably the last delivery to my deck dudes, and they said they were tasty, but not as good as some of the others they have had.

So there you go.  Next up, Strawberry & Cream.

No comments: