Thursday, May 26

Back from Ohio

Leaving Las Vegas
It's been a while.  I just got back from visiting the folks in Ohio.  Mom has had some health issues recently and I am (as of this moment) unemployed, so it was time to make the trip out to visit them.  I left a week ago Wednesday and the flight to Ohio was uneventful, except for the departure at OMG:thirty AM.  I sat next to the window on the Las Vegas-Columbus leg thinking I would see desert followed by mountains followed by corn fields, the Mississippi, more corn fields and finally the skyline of Columbus.  But oh no, it was clouds and more clouds all the way.

Serging on the deck
Thursday had us out on the deck, sergers humming, making napkins for the BtB's reception.  The ladies were quite a hoot and the fabric was flowing.  It's gonna be a fun reception I do believe.

Friday was a pot luck party - a couple of Mom & Dad's friends were celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary and another was celebrating a birthday.  I re-made the Ding Dong Cupcakes for the party and they were quite the hit.  (Note to self - use the larger tip for filling the cupcakes.)  There was lasagna (courtesy of Mom) a couple of salads (fruit & green), bread, delicious cheesecake, mimosas and coffee with liquor. 

Flea Market Finds (and Yarn)

A round of Mexican Train and Saturday found us bright and early heading for the Springfield Antique Extravaganza.  Acres and acres of vendors with antiques and vintage goodies of every shape and size.  I do believe that I could furnish a girly retreat cottage, just by shopping at this flea market.  I did manage to find a few things that I thought would survive the TSA and baggage handlers - a quilt, some table cloths, a pressed glass cake plate, a dancing lady in purple and an empty crate of Santa Clara Prunes.  (The yarn is additional purchases from Fiberworks in Beavercreek.)  In case I ever do get my dream cottage, here are some things that might grace it.

To be continued.....

No comments: