Sunday, June 19

Ohio, Part Two

Let's see, where was I?  Ah, yes, Sunday.

Sunday we had a quiet breakfast under the honeysuckle vines and then headed to the Wegerzyn Gardens MetroPark to view an recent installation.  It's a nest of sorts, of woven willow branches, called "A Wiggle in Its Walk".  It's big enough to walk through, filled with windows and doors that frame the views.  The Wegerzyn Gardens is free to the public (sweet!) and not only has a formal garden, but there is also a wetlands, a children's garden, and a vegetable garden.  If this garden were in Dallas or in the Bay Area, I'm sure that it would be mobbed on a Sunday afternoon.  As it was, I think we encountered three or four family groups?  At least, until the Playhouse let out - they were putting on The Producers.
 
 

The Irises and Peonies were just starting to show bloom, but the hostas were out in full force.  There are more pictures at my Photo Blog.  After dinner and a thunderstorm (I miss those - occasionally!) at my Brother's house, we headed back to the folks' place for the night.

Monday found us shopping for most of the mid-day.  Gotta find some wedding finery for Mom too, doncha know?  I believe, fingers crossed, that we found a couple of outfits that Mom will be happy to wear to the event.  That night I met up with one of my nephews and his wife for dinner at a local steak joint.  We managed to stay and close the place down.  About mid-meal, we noticed the lights flickering, but didn't think much of it.  Found out later, there was a tornado in the area and most of the locality was without power. 


Tuesday was crafty day - Mom finished her sock, and we spent some time making jewelry.  I got to use memory wire for the first time and made some bangles, as well as some earrings and some stitch markers for yarn play.

I flew home on Wednesday, again through Las Vegas.  There were huge thunderstorms in the Chicago area, so the airport in Las Vegas was full of stranded travelers.  Normally, the flight from Ohio to Las Vegas wouldn't necessarily fly over the Grand Canyon (shout out!), but to avoid the thunderheads, we headed directly south and then across the panhandle of Texas and south of the Grand Canyon.  Of course, I was sitting on the wrong side of the plane to get a picture of that, but I did get a good view of the Hoover Dam and the new bridge they've built to go beside it.

1 comment:

CMVPL said...

Sounds like the Wiggle thing is pretty cool, the pictures look neat. Glad you had a safe trip!