Thursday, February 2

When life hands you lemons...

You gotta crack some eggs!  And grate some butter, and whisk some flour and sugar, and turn them into some of the best Lemon Bars I've had in some time.  Martha Stewart's Cookies rules again.

We picked about a half dozen Meyer Lemons off the patio trees, and had to turn them into something tasty. And thanks to the way that deconstruction has taken place, I was able to make the Lemon Bars from Martha's book this weekend.  I zested the skins into the lemon custard portion, hoping for that little extra zing, and found it successful.  I think my pan was an 8x12 instead of the 9x13 requested by the recipe, but that just led to a thicker shortcake and custard in each bar.  I must say they are quite delish.  If you get a chance, I'd say go for it!


No comments: