Sunday, January 11

Linens and Other Things


Still working on getting "to done", as I sit here in the waning sunlight, listening to the sound of a chainsaw outside my living room window. It's getting later in the afternoon, but the weather is just beautiful today - probably in the upper 60's, lower 70's or so. I can hear the frogs chirping in my potted plants.

This morning I managed to clean out my 1/2 bath - I figured I'd start small, with something that doesn't appear to need that much work anyway. I've only got one day and I'd like to make sure I actually get something accomplished today. Mostly, I use the 1/2 bath as a linen closet for my tablescapes. I emptied out all of my drawers and cabinets and laid down new liner - it's a black and white tole print. Very sweet. As I was cleaning, I could see mouse sign - fortunately for the little rodents they didn't decide to nest in my linens. I don't think they've been there for a while, but you know I'll be keeping a closer eye on things.

I managed to get all of my linens refolded and took some pix along the way. I don't know what it is about the vintage prints, but I just love them - the more color the better. Or throw in some hand embroidery and I'm all gushy. I love the way the embroiderer on this one used a variegated pink in all of her perfect lazy daisies. And then, don't get me started on checks. Evidently, I have a thing for them. (I think I'm missing one or two in this picture!)

I need to remember that I have quite a few pieces of copper tucked into a cupboard - they would make great vases for flowers once in a while.

I boxed up a whole bunch of rejects - ready for donation to Goodwill or the like. I'll make sure they get out of the house this week - or maybe next weekend. And then I can look for additions to my collection - wahoo!!

Check one thing off my list!




No comments: