Tuesday, January 5

2009 - the year in review

What a year.

I got to visit with nearly all of my near relatives this year - Mom & Dad came for a visit and Christine did too. I went to Texas to see Kim and visit with her kids, and Aunt Doris too. Mark's brothers (and thier wives) came out to visit us, after we spent a weekend in Georgia. And 25 years later, we still stay in touch with high school friends.

We lost some loved ones ~ they will be missed.

I did some traveling, solo and with family - Napa, Big Sur, Point Lobos, Ana Nuevo, Sequoia, Las Vegas, Georgia, Texas... And was highly entertained by the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Toby Kieth, and AC/DC, as well as a raft of stand up comedians.

I worked for three different companies, and Mark is semi-retired now.

Creatively, it was mostly yarn this past year, but I have begun playing with beads and wire recently. I try to avoid new crafts as best I can as I don't really need the tools and stash that seem to accompany them. And then, once the "craze" has passed, that's when I seem to find the class or the inspiration.

It all sounds good, but it seems that the sad outweighs the glad. We'll be glad to see the end of the "naughts".

I've got big plans for 2010 ~ but I do every new year. Wish me luck!

No comments: