Monday, January 21

HL - Lone star & ???

Two more tops are ready for the quilter this weekend. I can hardly wait to see how the one I dropped off comes back.

So first - the Lone Star. As previously shown, it was quiet, shy, and almost nondescript, in spite of the bold colors Hazel used for the diamond shapes. A simple change out of the fill colors from that baby blue to teal and the whole thing has a new look. She glows! I had to do inset seams but they either weren't as bad as I expected or I didn't do them right.. It surpasses my expectations though. A modern print for the back and I'm thinking of binding in red. Let me know what you think. It's 80" x 80", so a decent bed size.

The second is ready to go as well. Hazel had assembled 14 2x2 sets of the blocks, however one was too small to be used with the others and two had been misassembled. Three of the 2x2 sets she had stripped together. My job - assemble three more strips and join them together, well after fixing one of the poor assemble jobs. A simple yellow border and I am done with this top. My question to you - what's the name of this block? I can see houses or arrows or pinwheels or ??? This one is too small for even a twin bed so it'll become a couch snuggle blanket.


And a quick p.s. Larry Bob, one of the dogs we adopted last year, definitely has allergies. The worst ones are for ragweed and oak trees, but he also has allergies for human dander, redwood trees and soybeans and about 15 other things. Looks like I get to do allergy shots. Poor doggie. (Larry Bob is the dark boy, and Sophie is the tan girlie)










No comments: