Tuesday, January 5

Christmas Cookies

(unrelated picture)
This past Christmas, Chris and I made a handful of cookies out of Martha Stewart's Cookies Book. We ended up making:
  • Snickerdoodles: These cookies didn't spread as much as I expected, and were soft and quite tasty.
  • Citrus Cornmeal Shortbread: If I make these again, I'll definitely up the level of zest and probably add some extract as well. The citrus portion was sadly lacking. Also, roll the cornmeal prior to chilling so that it sticks. Still, I'm not throwing them away.
  • Rosemary Butter Cookies: If you are looking for a cookie fix, this isn't it. If you have a tea tray, these will make an interesting counterpoint to the sweet cookies. Skip the egg wash and sanding sugar.
  • Chocolate Crackles: Rich, chocolate, puffs of cookie, covered in powdered sugar. Num. We used Guittard French Vanilla Chocolate instead of the bittersweet, and I am glad. I can't imagine if we had used the bittersweet.
  • Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies: Slap-your-mama delicious! Oh my. These are the cookies that Chris and I both lusted after and secretly ate behind each other's backs. They are rich and chewy and mmmm good.

I still have a load of cookies, and I think I'll deliver a batch to work tomorrow. Just to get them out of my house. Too bad there's no gingerbread left!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Affiliate Marketing is a performance based sales technique used by companies to expand their reach into the internet at low costs. This commission based program allows affiliate marketers to place ads on their websites or other advertising efforts such as email distribution in exchange for payment of a small commission when a sale results.

www.onlineuniversalwork.com

CMVPL said...

I plan on making some more gingerbread cookies this week. Tim is in Yosemite right now, and I told him I'd make him some when he gets back. Way too good to keep around and not expect to eat all of them.