Friday, January 29

Ri'ffd

OOooooo, shiney.   Love love love, these new necklaces I made, based on the one my lil'sis was wearing one day.  And no, all the Christmas decorations aren't quite put away just yet.*  The first one is turquoise and lime green, with beads made of coral, resin, glass, howlite, amazonite, and even some turquoise.  I love the focal beads - the art glass one makes me smile and the huge chunky aqua cut glass is so cool.  And when I saw the "green cheese" howlite beads, I couldn't resist as I had given lil'sis such a time about her hunk of melted cheetos.  The seed bead are matt, pearlized, and glass in shades of green and turquoise.  Once I had the bead inventory, putting it together was a snap. 


The other necklace is in shades of grey, black, and purple.  I thought it was going to be purple, with black to make it pop, but instead, it ended up being more black with highlights of purple.  Of course, I thought lil'sis necklace was turquoise with brown, but further analysis revealed that it was brown, with turquoise highlights.  Guess I was fooled by my eyes.  Oh well.  The beads in this one are mostly glass, with some dyed agate and mountain jade and freshwater pearls.  The shards are blue goldite (maybe) and snowflake obsidian, while the seeds are matt, pealized and glossy glass in shades of black and purple.  And dang is it hard to photograph. 

I put both of these together Sunday afternoon, while listening to the football games in the background.  It really was a snap once I had the inventory put together, but that took a while.  I visited 3 or 4 Michaels, Beverly's and a bead specialty shop, 3 beads and a button.  3 Beads has a great selection of seed beads, but it looks like they are trying to limit their inventory exposure.  Since Michaels and Beverly's are both "craft" stores, they have similar but different inventory.  I got some of the nicer beads (real stone) at Beverly's, and the glass beads more at Michaels.  And what I thought I was going to use to start with, well, let's just say they are still in the bead bucket.   

*I may have to keep a couple of the stocking hangers out as they do make a great setup for displaying necklaces.  And I'll do my best to get the rest of Christmas put away this weekend.

1 comment:

CMVPL said...

hah! you liked the melted cheetos! It is eye catching. I really like the lime green and turquoise necklace. I also really like the one you made for me with the big focal point. It's been a little chilly outside to wear it (since it's metallic).