Thursday, January 28

The week slides by...

Plans and schemes and dreams, and they all slide by.




This morning I ordered a pair of shoes on line - I've worn out all the shoes in my closet and my recent shopping experience has left me bereft of anything to wear upon my XL size feet. Added to that, I've been a bit of a klutz as of late, and don't feel comfortable wearing anything with a heel higher than 1". So. I'm not really a shoe girl - Imelda Marcos (and Michael Jordan admitting to over 500 pairs!) has nothing to fear from me. I prefer to spend money on other things. So it was with a bit of trepidation that I dropped some bucks on a pair of shoes on zappos. Free Shipping, ease of shopping (show me only shoes in my size, in the color I want, with the heel height I prefer...) it can only be a dream come true IF they actually fit. We'll see in about a week. If they do fit, I think I’m going to have to work a pair into the budget on a more regular basis.



When the "little" sis was here, she pointed me in the direction of some plus size active wear. So that went into an on-line shopping cart as well this morning. I’m hoping that will be here sooner than a week. In the unbelievable words of my mother, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!" I had a really emotional day yesterday and although I couldn't point my finger at any overwhelming one thing to make me mad, I had a whole ball of "irks" wadded up to equal one big mad. And tucked into that wad were several that have to do with my self image and my lack of follow-thru, particularly on the weight-loss/exercise front. I mean seriously, I have no excuses. I have the equipment, I have the time, I have the access, and I can get the instructors and the groceries. The only thing left is me. It’s not like I don’t know what to do. And this is something that I can control, independent of others. So check up on me from time to time and see how I’m doing.

 I’d appreciate it.

2 comments:

CMVPL said...

I'm working on working out more as well... Winter seems to be getting in the way. When you have to wade through over the knee snow to get to the gym, going outside is not nearly as attractive as it seemed when I was at work.

You want a work out partner? A cheerer-oner? I need to get rid of approximately 10% to get back to a healthy bmi.

CMVPL said...

I wasn't totally sure how to go about an actual format- we could do a co-blog or something?

When you work out with a partner or if you're accountable to someone else you're more likely to stick with it.

Did you have some ideas? I don't think I can do weight watchers because I don't have access to a computer frequently enough to use it properly.